Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Timeline Update

Nov 15: It has been at least 6 days (and as many as 10 days) since I emailed certain city/county officials and other important persons. I have still not heard back from any of the nine people I have contacted regarding legalizing goats in Lansing. NINE people, and not a single response! I guess I'll have to start calling these people up!

Nov 15: called Ingham County Commission trying to contact the board coordinator, but got someone else instead. She took down my contact information, the names of the 3 commission members I had emailed (and not heard back from), and the basic gist of what I'm trying to do. She said she would relay the information to the board coordinator and have her call me back. She also said that the full board meetings are open to the public and there is time for public comment (3 minutes per person) at the end of the meeting (and possibly also at the beginning of the meeting). The next full board meeting is a week from today, on November 22.

Nov 15: The board coordinator emailed me back quite soon after speaking with the person I talked to on the phone. She suggested that I contact the Animal Control Director and discuss the issue with her first, before speaking at a board meeting. This particular email was CC'd to the Animal Control Director (so hopefully she'll see me coming) and the Ingham County Deputy Controller (I'm not sure why). 

No comments:

Post a Comment