Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Welcome!

Hello all,

If you've found your way to this site, hopefully you are as excited as me about possibility of legalizing goats in the city of Lansing, MI. As some of you may know, in 2009, Ingham county amended the Animal Control Ordinance to allow for the keeping of backyard chickens. I feel that miniature dairy goats have just as much right in the urban backyard as chickens (or dogs and cats, for that matter). Although keeping goats in the backyard may sound like a strange concept, there are many benefits to be gain (I'll get to those soon).

On this site, I hope to chronicle the path to legalization, present convincing arguments for why urban goats should be allowed, and offer resources for those interested in urban goat keeping. The legalization process may take a long time (or be outright unsuccessful) but it's worth out best efforts!

P.S. I should mention that I am a novice. I have never owned a goat, mostly because it hasn't been legal anywhere I've lived, but I have done extensive research on the topic. I realize nothing can substitute for first-hand knowledge, but I will do my best to keep my information accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment