Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Update- Getting the City Council On-Board

Taking the advice of my contact with the Ingham County commission, I contacted two city council members (one for Lansing, one for East Lansing) on Monday to let them know that some goat legislation may be coming their way (I'm pretty confident at this point that it WILL be coming their way). I'm thrilled to have heard back from both of them already...and they both sound like they're on-board and maybe even excited about it!

2 comments:

  1. I did a little bit of Googling and found your blog. I'm very interested in urban goat-keeping in the future.
    I've been looking for a list of communities in Michigan that allow goats in residential areas? Do you know of any resources?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the delayed response! I don't know of any list of cities in Michigan where goats are legal. You can keep them if you live in rural areas pretty much anywhere, or if your property is zoned agricultural. Other than that, I don't really know of any cities in Michigan where goats are legal in urban areas. I think some people in Detroit were working on this.

      Delete