Friday, January 13, 2012

Let's Get This Resolution Passed!

Hi Everyone,

As you may know, I have been working with the Ingham County commission to try to get dairy goats legalized in urban areas. The process has been moving along pretty smoothly and we are close to finishing! 

I have a meeting with the Ingham County Law Enforcement Committee on Thursday February 2nd (at 6pm) to present the resolution to allow goats. I'm pretty sure that getting the law enforcement committee's approval for the resolution is the last step in the process! My contact with the county commission suggested I try to find some other pro-goat (or pro-urban agriculture) people to come and show their support at the meeting (and possibly say a few words).

If you are interested in legalizing urban dairy goats in Ingham County and improving access to fresh and unadulterated milk in the city, please consider attending the meeting and showing your support. Contact me for more information.

2 comments:

  1. Nope, just goats (and only miniature goats). I think it would be a bit more difficult to get the county officials to legalize sheep since they require much more space in order to graze. Maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete